PM-Scrum Master Sr (Temp to Hire)
Location: McLean, VA
If you are you are a confident and self-motivated individual with a willingness to learn and adapt in a team environment, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join us (Single Family Servicing and Risk department of the Information Technology division at Freddie Mac). In this role, you will serve as a Sr. Scrum Master / Technical Project Manager for large enterprise projects.
Your Work Falls into the following two primary categories:
- Planning and managing of several simultaneous projects
- Work collaboratively with customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Participate and at times lead cooperative efforts with project team members
- Participate in Requirements and Design discussions with project stakeholders
- Validating financial forecasts and providing on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenses
- Developing communication plans and effectively communicating in both verbal (e.g.day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form
- Developing the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related project management artifacts
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Assessing impacts on other projects, including other concurrent deployments on the same application (code base), downstream and upstream impacts.
- Conduct Agile ceremonies and collaborating with the team and product owner for continuous improvement
- Responsible for running the Daily Stand-ups, the Iteration Planning and Estimating Sessions, the Iteration Review and Demo and the Retrospective.
- Support and help develop and groom epics and stories. Identify, track and resolve blockers. Coordinate with the core team, multiple stakeholders, product owners and numerous extended team members, and produce weekly and ad-hoc reports to include both sprint and product backlog and burn down charts.
- Tracking and resolve risks, issues and impacts to upstream and downstream applications as well as impacts to other existing functionality.
- Ability to explain complicated technical concepts to a non-technical audience and to have experience developing written communication plans.
- Strong team player who recognizes and seeks out solutions from all stakeholders and team members.
- Responsible for writing or coordinating the completion of other Freddie Mac (non-Agile) processes such as: process and financial controls documents, deployment turnover checklists, responding to security findings, deployment plans and processes for both the non-production and production environments.
- Technical experience/background to understand SQL, database servers, web servers, shell scripts, java components, n-tier architecture, web services, LDAP/AD, DNS, authentication and authorization, information security, load balancing, redundancy, cloud computing.
- Manage day to day operational and production support activities as needed.
- Support both, planned and unplanned business and IT driven changes during off business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent working experience.
- More than 7 years of full life cycle technical Project Management experience
- More than 4 years Scrum Master Experience.
- More than 9 years overall experience in software development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile Training or Certification, such as PMI-ACP, Scrum Alliance CSM or CSPO, or SAFe Scaled Agilist.
- Ability to work with technical development teams; build and maintain technical/project documentation; participate in project estimation
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency in root cause analysis, and ability to solve problems and craft business solutions
- Waterfall and Agile methodology experience
- Experience managing Production Support, Incident Management and communications
- Experience managing the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience as Servant leader to manage the expectation from Agile team
- Ability to create or drive project schedule development, including task definition, duration, and resource estimates, work breakdown schedule, contingency planning
- Experience building and maintaining project artifacts such as budget development, project charter, project planning, schedule management, requirements management, test planning and execution, control and assurance practices
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Ability to facilitate meetings and conference calls. This shall include scheduling the meetings; developing agendas and meeting minutes; providing and archiving required documentation; and documenting, tracking, and following-up on action items from the meetings
- General knowledge of secondary mortgage industry
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Experienced Planview user
Key to success in this role
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment
- Effective communication
- Change leadership
- Ability to work across silos
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to stay calm and poised in pressure situations
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Align myself and my team with what is right for the company
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good); be an impact junkie