Python Developer Senior
Location: McLean, VA
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Computer science or any related quantitative field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Python.
- Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy and Apache Spark.
-Experience in developing and using RESTful APIs.
-Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Tornado)
-Experience in writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests.
-Solid understanding of software design principles
-Familiarity with linear algebra, regression analysis and machine learning techniques
-Experience with cloud computing and storage services
-Experience with C or C++
-Familiarity with UNIX scripting
-Data visualization using Python.
-Working experience in Financial Model implementation
-Strong quantitative skills (statistics, econometrics, linear algebra)