Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Quality Assurance Analyst will work to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks in support of joint functional testing with our partners. They will be dedicated to working with our partners to support joint functional test planning, developing test scenarios, monitoring and supporting execution of test scenarios, and analyzing results.
This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with our modules test counterparts at our partner organizations, internal development teams, Database Administrators, Business Analysts, and support teams to analyze, maintain and execute performance testing procedures.
Key Job Functions
• Act as the point of contact with our partner organizations for functional testing activities through the project lifecycle
• Work with team to plan sprints and test planning for the modules
• Work with our module teams to design, develop, and execute scripts which validate, to a high degree of confidence, test cases defined within the project’s test plan.
• Support the automated load/performance testing by our partners across multiple messaging protocols (including HTTP), focusing on overall application performance - validating that application response and outputs accurately reflect business requirements.
• Track and communicate task progress, status, and key performance metrics.
• Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools.
• Communicate effectively across multiple teams/external vendors (Operations, Project Teams, Quality Service, etc.), as well as different personnel (Developers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, etc.) when required.
• Perform data analysis when needed to analyze issues in Performance and/or Production environments.
• Conduct troubleshooting/performance test execution in support of remediation efforts as required.
• Analyze data and application changes and document their impact on the performance testing task (test cases, scripting, scenario execution, etc.).
• Ensure the test execution results fulfill the defined test objectives. --Schedule/recommends test re-execution if necessary.
• Ensure the appropriate testing and monitoring tools/technologies are configured accordingly with the test objectives/project team requirements.
• Expected to maintain technical expertise via self-education in areas governing computer sciences, performance/load testing dictums, and Quality Assurance.
• Interface directly with the DevOps and Infrastructure teams regarding Functional test environment.
• Work with our partners to establish test data in sufficient quantity to support the performance testing effort
• Active participant in the meeting(s) to verify firewall openings between performance testing software and that of the application.
• Maintain up-to-instance repository of artifacts related to performance test executions.
• Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
• Adhere to defect tracking process; document software defects, using a defect tracking tool (Quality Center), monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects.
• Timely and accurate communication of testing events, daily status, and test execution results, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Experience with system resources measurement
• Experience with relational databases
• Experience with SQL Query tools
• Experience with Unix
• Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
• At least 1 years of experience with Jenkins