Project Manager IV
Location: Washington, DC
Provide support by developing and maintaining all performance dashboards and preparing reports to be submitted to project team.
Maintain financial controls and systems for recording, monitoring, forecasting and budgeting of all project expenditures.
Analyze project actuals versus forecast.
Prepare monthly accruals and analyze against payments.
Analyze all data and project deliverables to ensure adherence to all timeframe requirements.
Develop, and Maintain policies and procedures.
Coach, mentor, or train others where needed on financial topics related to their role.
Communicate to senior leadership in language and information they request, enabling them to take action as needed.
Be able to jump in to assist other areas of the PMO when needed.
· Must be able to work with all levels of the organization, from scrum teams to senior leadership
· Must have advanced skills and experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivots, look-ups, graphs, formatting)
· Must understand financial aspect of Programs, Projects, and Agile in a business context and be able to explain same to non-financial resources
· Strong sense of urgency, organizational skills and attention to detail with creative approach to solving issues
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
· Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data
· Must be able to examine detailed information but tailor messages to audiences with different levels of knowledge and requiring different levels of detail
• Nice to have
· Familiarity with mortgage and banking industry, or even better Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac experience.
· Familiarity with working in an Agile environment. Some knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)practices. Use of Jira.
· Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft OneNote, Tableau (run reports), and Planview
· Familiarity with General Ledger postings
· Work with Program and Project Managers, or within a PMO, to ensure financial information (resource forecasts and non-resource costs) are accurate, and completed as per deadlines from enterprise
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field.
· PMP Certification preferred but not required.
4-10 years of related experience