Writer & Content Strategist
Location: McLean, VA
The Public Relations department is seeking and accomplished writer with a passion for storytelling and creating compelling content for a variety of audiences. Responsibilities in this role include writing long- and short-form content, supporting implementation of strategic digital campaigns and analyzing performance to inform future strategies. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and a firm understanding of the digital landscape. This individual must be able to work independently and wear multiple hats to support a variety of projects.
• Write content for multiple channels and formats, including blogs, thought leadership articles, web and social content, talking points, video scripts, presentations, and more.
• Support planning, developing and implementing digital content strategies on a diverse range of topics to meet corporate and business objectives.
• Provide day-to-day support of web and content publishing and monitoring activities
• Assist with reporting on performance and presenting recommendations based on data insights
• Provide project management support to ensure all milestones and deadlines are met
• Assist with other weekly reporting activities and special projects as assigned
• Ensure work meets editorial, design and brand standards; strong knowledge of AP style.
• Ability to wear multiple hats, work independently, and drive projects forward.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience
• College degree in a communications discipline or equivalent experience
• Impeccable written and verbal skills, expertise in both long- and short-form writing, and a passion for storytelling (Applicant will be asked to submit writing samples and take a writing test)
• Strong understanding of digital content planning, creation, publishing monitoring and measurement methods and tools
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take direction and work collaboratively
• Creative thinker who can connect the company’s objectives to compelling content in a variety of formats
• Ability to understand and translate complex subject matter for multiple audiences.
• Understanding of communications best practices and ability to apply them
• PR agency or journalism experience a plus
• Strong relationship building skills
• Strong creative thinking, presentation, and problem-solving skills
• Highly organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Passionate about communications excellence
• Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics