Java/J2EE Dev Professional
Location: McLean, VA
• Engage with business users to construct user stories and design for products supporting payment execution and reporting.
• Development application software including, prototyping, and high level technical consulting.
• Work closely with team members and business partners to develop cutting edge technology solutions under tight deadlines.
• Work in an agile environment using SCRUM methods.
• Support issue resolution and completion of ad-hoc requests in support of business partners within the I&CM division.
• Develop automated tests with the software you write
• 3-5 years of IT experience in design, development, integration and testing of software solutions based on Java or Python.
• 3-5 years of experience with development of solutions using relational databases including Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and/or DB2.
• Experience with collaborative development using GIT.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills.
• Experiience with automated testing tools such as Cucumber or FitNesse
• Experience with highly automated Continuous Integration development using gradle
• Experience with Docker
• Experience developing solutions including vendor products
• Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
• Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
• Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines.
• Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills.