Project Manager IV
Location: Reston, VA
Secrets Manager is an AWS service which helps you protect secrets needed to access your applications, services and IT resources. It will be the new vaulting solution to replace interactions with AWS PAM-EVAS/on-prem CyberArk and be integrated with the IAG. InfoSec is responsible for ensuring that the platform is secured utilizing this AWS hosted/native services. This position will help ensure that the new platform will meet all security requirements, prevent any type of vulnerabilities and be ready for use by new onboarding applications and provide a mechanism for those migrating from existing tools by working through the backlog of work with the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work with Information Security stakeholders to enhance security posture of the company, facilitate adoption of security controls and standards by working with the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation; building high performing delivery teams by serving as scrum master.
• Work independently with minimal supervision, interact tactfully and confidently with IT, security, and business leaders, program and apply sound information security risk management practices.
• Partnering with IT and business functions to lead, work with cross functional resources throughout the agile project/program lifecycle.
• Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
• Report on progress of project, features, progress on milestones to stakeholders.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define requirements, scope and schedule and break down into features, stories for incremental delivery.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value InfoSec projects that require the coordination of technology work across multiple governance groups to achieve desired outcomes.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets
• Possess a broader view of the enterprise goals, strategies and be able to connect the pieces together and recommend better alternatives.
• Technical knowledge and background to understand and work on different Information Security tools and technologies within AWS environment (Access Management).
• Strong analytical/quantitative and problem-solving skills combined with information technology and/or information security knowledge.
• Understand demand capacity management and be able to communicate the overall impact to the project stakeholders at the beginning of the project.
• Develop, track and manage project plans, timelines and scope, translate Agile work into project/program reporting.
• Possess strong verbal & written communication skills. Be comfortable speaking in front of varied business/technical audiences to deliver project updates.
• Succinct & confident written and verbal messaging for project updates and any stakeholder meetings; material produced appropriately for audience
• Ability to review project data to develop trends and analysis and data interpretation informing strategy development.
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams and influence across peer group and leadership.
• Strong negotiation and Influencing skills.
• Must be able to work with senior stakeholders, conflicting priorities and fast pace.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience as Scrum Master for multiple teams in a complex project or program, proven results building high performing teams.
• Experience working with multiple organizations/teams newly forming or undergoing transformation.
• Agile experience/knowledge of key agile frameworks including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, and Scrum.
• Coordinating with agile teams, programs, and other workstream (expected to be central POC)
• 10 - 15 years complex project management experience; hands on agile software development life cycle experience.
• Minimum 5 years hands on scrum master experience working with technical teams, preferably related to InfoSec and/or AWS migrations
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• PMP, CSM required.
• JIRA and Confluence Expert Knowledge
• AWS Practitioner, SAFe, CISSP and Security + certifications preferred.
• Previous experience at Fannie or Freddie preferred.