Java Developer III
Location: Bethesda, MD
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
Key Job Functions
• Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
• Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
• Write and review code done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Engineering major.
• Minimum 10 years of related experience.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Experience with full lifecycle of project development for Java Applications in Agile environment
• Strong skills in core Java, server side Java technologies, and Spring frameworks
• Extensive experience in messaging middleware including EMS/JMS and application servers
• Extensive experience in software design, architecture, development and integration
• Solid knowledge of event processing models, multi-threading, enterprise integration pattern, Web Service and REST, AWS Cloud Technologies
• Familiarity with Cukes, Maven, JAXB, Hibernate,
• Ability to supervise and mentor junior developers on the team
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.