ETL/Informatica Senior Developer
Location: McLean, VA
Experience with Informatica PowerCenter (v 8.x and higher)
• Support migration of Informatica Power Center ETLs connections from Vertica to Snowflake.
• Support and integrate existing Informatica Power Center ETL’s with Snowflake.
• Support and develop new ETL component integration with Snowflake and make recommendations for functions that result in a more cost- effective product delivery.
• Work with initiative leads, business areas, technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business;
• Support development and deliver PowerCenter and IICS components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements
• Perform unit testing of PowerCenter and IICS components and document test results when needed;
• Correct testing defects and support all testing, including but not limited to: Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing, and Performance Testing.
• Perform troubleshooting on Informatica PowerCenter and IICS components and work with Informatica GCS where needed;
• Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance;
• Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated PowerCenter and IICS related problems, proactively and as issues surface;
• Perform code version control activities via GitHub.
• College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred;
• Minimum six (6) years overall current and hands-on development/integration/administration experience with Informatica Power Center and IICS.
• Minimum five (5) years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning;
• Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on Amazon Web Services (AWS);
• Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on UNIX shell scripting experience;
• Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on Autosys experience;
• Minimum two (2) years of current and hands-on experience with code management tools such as GitHub or ClearCase;
• Agile team exposure preferred
• Self-starter that takes initiative to fill in gaps where needed