Development Tech Lead
Location: McLean, VA
This IT Development Tech Lead position is in the Development Factory Group in Enterprise BTO. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that interacts with all areas of Freddie Mac’s business and provides excellent experience and knowledge across the IT spectrum. Our team is made up of talented individuals who thrive in a challenging work environment and enjoy utilizing their problem-solving skills. The role will act as a Lead on projects, providing technical guidance and oversight to project execution team. The position will also ensure alignment between project activities and accepted scope and negotiate with the business, vendors and other stakeholders on changes to scope. This role will own full end-to-end delivery of software products and will also be responsible for managing team members of varying professional level.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
• Lead a team of employees and contingent workers to remediate applications with out of support/legacy technologies and/or security vulnerabilities
• Provide direction to team members keeping team on track to complete projects and ensure project goals are met by assigning tasks to team members and timely follow ups
• Meet development schedules by ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements.
• Provide proactive advice and feedback throughout the development lifecycle for prevention and early correction of quality problems.
• Train and mentor the junior staff / team members
• Drive/Lead key technical and architectural decisions for the systems, provide and influence key designing decisions for the technology, infrastructure and configuration of the systems for scalability and capacity
• Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to resolve complex technical problems.
• Champion current trends in the industry partnering with Engineering and Architecture Services
• Driving technical solutions in alignment with architectural roadmaps
• Engage with the business users, application owners and other affected parties in the project inception phase to understand application and define remediation strategy and test strategy
• Contribute to design and code reviews.
• Document lessons learned, help maintain knowledge database
Keys to Success in this Role
Strong communication skills and broad technical experience with hands-on troubleshooting skills