Systems Administrator II (Desktop Support)
Location: Washington, DC
In this Application Support Analyst function, an ideal candidate will be have experience supporting a critical desktop environment, demonstrate the capability to communicate clearly with customers and engineering teams, have experience working with multiple stakeholders and delivering assigned projects on time. They will also serve as a lead on their team and assist other employees in growing their skillset.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide Tier 1 (as needed) and Tier 2 Desktop support on the Windows 10/O365 platform and Mac OS.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 Market Data application support .
o Bloomberg, Refinativ Eikon, TradeWeb.
• Provide Tier 1 VoIP Phone and Teleconferencing Support.
o Cisco Call Manager and IPC Turrets, Cisco Spark Room Kit.
• Manage the deployment of technology assets to users and ensure controls are followed.
• Manage the lifecycle of technology assets and ensure security risks are mitigated promptly.
• Coordinate the testing and deployment of software upgrades and OS patches within the environment to mitigate risk.
• Serve as a technical POC for end-users and guide them through their technology issues.
• Mentor other team members to ensure they have the skills they need to be successful.
• Produce and maintain documentation related to current and new processes and procedures.
• Utilize the ServiceNow ticketing system to log and track work and create reports.
• Work in an on-call rotation for after-hours/weekend support.
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience required. (4-6 years)
• 4+ years in Technology. Prior financial industry experience preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must have working experience administrating Windows 10 desktops and laptops.
• Must have working experience using SCCM for workstation management, direct packaging or image creation experience is a plus.
• Must be proficient with IPv4 networking, troubleshooting network connectivity issues and general concepts such as routing, load balancing, proxies and VPN.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate and deliver in a high touch/demanding environment.
• Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks in a highly dynamic environment and demonstrate experience collaborating within a cross functional team.
• Must be have knowledge or be able to quickly learn how to manage/support; 2FA Tokens, Office365, Microsoft Mobile Apps, Bloomberg Terminals, Market Data Applications, Cisco WebEx technology and numerous security applications
• Nice to have experience working with VoIP solutions.
• Nice to be familiar with IPC Turrets.
• Should be familiar with ServiceNow Incident Management and the ITIL process.