Application Governance Project Manager
Location: McLean, VA
All candidates must be either a US Citizen or hold a Permanent Resident Card as well as be a direct W-2 employee to our vendors.
Freddie Mac’s Financial Engineering team is seeking a Project Manager/Business Analyst to assist the Senior Project Manager in managing the delivery planning and governance of a diverse portfolio of analytical projects to internal customers in the Investments & Capital Markets division.
This challenging and rewarding position gives you an opportunity to work with various technical teams, senior leadership, and business users.
• Understand and support the Lifecycle of model application Governance Process from planning to implementation
• Maintain and implement model risk governance framework within the regulatory environment and maintain all governance documents
• Maintenance and management of application lifecycle deliverables, documentation and process templates
• Support multiple, simultaneous projects in a rapid development environment involving different types of technical and business partners.
• Track and prepare senior management reporting documents, take ownership and follow-up with relevant stakeholders.
• Develop project plans, including project schedule and timeline, and track projects according to schedule. Accurately assess, manage, and report risks and issues.
• Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, and requests from start to finish – facilitate appropriate handoffs and stakeholder engagement while ensuring resolution.
• Maintain customer relationships to ensure the project implementation and prioritization fulfills business objectives. Help business and technology adapt to changing priorities swiftly and efficiently.
• Establish and maintain relationships with peers. Find common ground and get cooperation when dealing with conflict.
• Develop communication plans and effectively communicate verbally (e.g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and in writing (status reports).
• Perform business and quantitative analyses with the guidance of the development team to inform implementation strategies and help resolve risks and issues.
• Develop an integrated understanding of business needs and technical implementation details sufficient to interface between business and technical teams as needed and help synthesize requirements and constraints from both parties.
• Coordinate the user acceptance testing process for new features including customer satisfaction and governance process completion
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5+ years of work experience
• Excellent analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills demonstrated through coursework or internship/work experience
• Regulatory or risk management experience
• Strong leadership capabilities demonstrated through an internship/work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Demonstrated exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
• Results-driven, detail-oriented, curious self-starter who quickly grasps new technical and business concepts
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and customer relationship management skills
• Skilled in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) discipline
• Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or similar data visualization software
• Experience with SQL and/or statistical packages such as R Studio, Matlab, or Python
• Experience in Financial Services, especially Mortgage Industry, a plus
• Experience with model risk management