Data Modeler III Specialized
Location: Reston, VA
Seeking a Data Modeler to develop database models and supporting documentation in order to meet business requirements
Specialized Knowledge & Skills: Must Haves:
- Expertise in Relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience in large scale ODS or data warehouse environment
- Experience with one of the major data modeling tools (ER Studio or Erwin)
- Knowledge of relational databases and relational database design
Nice to haves:
- Experience in big data technologies such as HIVE
- Knowledge of AWS in big data technology stack. S3, Athena, Amazon RDS, Redshift etc.
- Implements and enforces data definitions, standards and procedures relating to logical design.
- Leads data design efforts and assists software engineers in data source discovery, data modeling, metadata capture and normalization techniques.
- Incrementally develop conceptual, logical and physical data models for new database objects
- Define data requirements and business rules, perform logical and physical data modeling, implement and test database design.
- Coordinate data models, dictionaries and other documentation across multiple applications.
- Lead database design sessions and capture data requirements for software engineering or re-engineering projects
- Experience in data modeling and administration experience advocating for data management principles and working in a team environment
- Knowledge of system development life cycles and methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to collaborate with team members to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Experience in developing logical/physical models for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience in database administration and impact analysis of data structure changes.
- Expertise in ER Studio, OLTP, SQL, RUP, Oracle and MS Office Tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience required.