Data Analyst II
Location: Urbana, MD
The client is seeking a Data Analyst II to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. The initially the primary focus will be on Systems integration testing.
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes
• Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 8-10 years applicable experience required
- Experience with database technologies
- Knowledge of the ETL process
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.
- Knowledge of automated job control system(Autosys) to execute data load jobs
- Understand the test cases /scenarios/ design
- Create test cases for complex modules based on the defined test strategy for the assigned modules
- Exposure to Database testing using DB2, Oracle and other relational Databases.
- Good in SQL and understanding transformations and converting them to SQL queries for data validations