IT 3rd Party Risk - Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Information Technology Operational Risk Management (ITRM) is responsible for providing oversight of operational risks associated with all operating activities of Freddie Mac’s Information Technology division. The primary responsibilities of ITRM include providing risk management, risk advisory, third party IT risk management, regulatory liaison, and policy/standards governance for the Information Technology division. This could include managing the review and publication of divisional policies and standards, defining and implementing risk management frameworks, monitoring and reporting risks and risk response, performing risk reviews and evaluations, and driving continuous improvement of risk management capabilities across IT.
ITRM is looking for an experienced senior risk professional to support the 1st line Third Party IT Risk Management team that will assist with the development, implementation and execution of an IT third party risk management program. This position requires that the applicant have a strong understanding of the risk frameworks, operational risks, and the execution of risk management processes and governance within a large institution.
Your Work Responsibilities:
• Perform third party IT risk assessments to reassess current risks and to identify emerging key risks (operational, compliance, technology, third party, etc.); Identify and assess control effectiveness and/or gaps through the review of key vendor-provided documentation (SIG, SOC 2 Type II, Vulnerability Scans, Penetration Tests, etc.)
• Provide Subject Matter Assessor expertise to support the review of key inherent information and technology risks associated with a product or service
• Support monthly reporting of IT risk metrics and data
• Advise the IT “customers” on means and methods to drive remediation of risk related issues and operational events
• Support the execution of newly developed divisional third-party risk activities, and ad-hoc actions to support the divisional and enterprise strategic third-party risk direction as applicable
• Apply sound judgment in evaluating risks and controls; effectively challenge the business on the identification and acceptance of risks and the adequacy of controls.
• Understanding and support management of Information and Technology risk associated with the operational processes for the IT division
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-7 years of experience working with risk management - methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk (including key third-party risks.)
• Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
• Ability to understand IT business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
• Experience in IT governance and controls, including governance frameworks, COBIT, FFIEC, COSO, ISO-31000, etc.
Key to success in this role:
• Self-starter and self-motivated.
• Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
• Sense of urgency and able to apply risk based approach to prioritize work.
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business stakeholders.
• Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
• Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• CISM, CISA, CPA, CIA, PMP, CISSP or other relevant professional certification
• Financial Services experience
• IT Risk management experience
• Knowledge and skills across:
-ISACA Risk IT framework
-ISACA COBIT 5.0
-ISO 31000-series and 27000-series, 13335