Java/J2EE Developer Specialist (DevOps and Application Support)
Location: McLean, VA
• Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
• Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects.
• Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
• Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient and team oriented manner.
• Experience facilitating work across multiple levels of IT support and development teams for production issues
• Production support is matrix based organizational support, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to matrix manager.
DevOps and Application Support
• Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and Openshift platforms.
• Support building and maintaining Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers and support personnel.
• Support one of Freddie Mac’s core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements. Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
Minimum Years of Experience (see examples on page X):
• Typically has minimum 5 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Required Skills (No more than 5)
• Minimum 6 years of experience in software development / application support in the J2EE, Java, AWS, DevOps and software development life cycle processes.
• Position requires strong technical and analytical skills, software engineering process skills, and DevOps experience with AWS architecture and environment.
• Position requires strong analytical skills, software engineering process skills, and the understanding of XML and creation of XML test data.
• Experience with AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Processes
• Experience with UML, SQL and UNIX Shell Script.
• Experience with Spring, Spring MVC is preferred.
• Experience managing with workloads with AWS CLI and UI is a plus
• Experience with Testing and Automation is a plus
• Familiarity with Bootstrap, JSON, Maven Builds is a plus.
• Knowledge of the Mortgage Industry is a nice to have.
• Proficient in documenting and communicating ideas clearly
• Ability to resolve issues in a non-confrontational manner
• Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions from Team Lead.
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
• Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
• Good team player with strong written and oral communications skills.
• Experience with Agile or Waterfall software development project methodologies preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter; collaborative; problem-solver
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills