Java/J2EE Developer Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
Responsibilities• Communicate and work as the point person with senior management in the division for our analytics tools.
• Design, develop and support systems within the financial modeling and research area.
• Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
• Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
• Assist with application development, modifying and/or maintaining applications and associated testing. Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
• May assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications.
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline
• At least 2 years’ experience working at a senior level, comfortable with communicating concepts and setting expectations for analytic tools and products.
• At least 5 years of hands-on software development, testing, and delivery experience, including partnering with internal and external groups is essential.
• Experience with:
o AWS Cloud, Grid computing,
o UNIX Shell Scripting/Perl/Python
Key to success in this role
• Strong communication skills with business line
• Working in a proactive mode to identify potential issues and bring up solutions.
• Focusing on delivery and schedule.
• Finance knowledge, specifically fixed income products in mortgage finance or other banks or funds trading experiences