Java/J2EE Developer Senior
Location: McLean, VA
• Coding and development of software components
• Understanding of OOAD concepts
• Agile methodology
• Understanding business requirements
• Unit testing
• Supporting SIT and UAT
• Conducting coding reviews
• Technical design
The Business Engineering (BE) group, within the Investments and Capital Markets Business Technology Office (I&CM BTO), is responsible for delivering technology solutions that support the entire I&CM division. BE works closely with our customers in the Front and Back Office to develop solutions that enhance and streamline business processes, while reducing risk. The BE Trading Analytics Model Development Director is seeking a Senior Developer to work with team members and business partners to design, develop, and implement Freddie Mac’s new payments system in support of a significant modernization effort.
• Engage business partners, analysts, and development team to design, build, test, and deploy Freddie Mac’s new corporate-wide payments system.
• Predict effects of configuration changes; identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
• Participate in regular scrum meetings (huddle, demo, retrospective, planning, and closure).
• 5-7 years of experience in design, development, integration and testing of software solutions based on J2EE technologies, Spring Boot, Spring Data, RESTful Services, and Angular6.
• 5-7 years of experience with relational databases including Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, and/or DB2.
• 2-3 years of experience with managing, building, and deploying code through tools including Eclipse, Bitbucket, Gradle, Docker, and Jenkins.
• 2-3 years of experience designing and executing JUnit test cases using Mockito framework based on business requirements and functional specifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical skills.
• Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
• Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
• Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines.
• Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills.