Data Analyst Senior
Location: McLean, VA
We are seeking two candidates with the skillset described below. One of the positions has the potential to be converted into a full-time role.
The Freddie Mac MF CFO department in the Finance division is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Change Management Team. The team is responsible for supporting project management activities and initiatives with a focus on Multifamily accounting and financial reporting applications and systems. This role entails change management activities as well as the ability to handle in-depth tasks and resolve complex data and process issues. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has strong communication skills.
• Develop requirements, perform complex data analysis and user acceptance testing (UAT) for finance and accounting applications.
• Develop key project artifacts such as project scope, business requirements, risk and controls assessment, issues and risks, user acceptance testing, documentation, and SOX testing.
• Assess and document impacts from data and product changes to systems and processes via process flows.
• Coordinate with project teams across divisions and resolve application and data issues during financial close.
• Manage production application support duties which involve on-call support for troubleshooting critical data and system issues of supported applications, logging issues, and working with IT to determine root cause.
• Support business operational risk controls, Internal/External audit activities.
• Plan and execute data conversion, data mapping and data reconciliation activities.
• 5+ years of experience performing as a client interfacing data analyst or business analyst
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with advanced Excel and SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
• Expertise in querying, analyzing, reconciling and testing complex relational data
• Knowledge of accounting, subledger and financial reporting concepts
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team