Developer - ETL/Datastage Prof
Location: McLean, VA
Responsible for datastage development work in support of Regulatory Reporting FHFA Scorecard Program.
• Develop effective solutions to new and existing data reporting requirements and data issues primarily using DataStage.
• Perform root cause analysis and address existing issues.
• Find gaps in the existing processes, constantly improve the processes/procedures, automate manual tasks and provide stability to the applications.
• Participate in analysis of agile user stories; participate in and develop solution based on business requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary, unit test and deploy quality solutions.
• Perform analysis and make code changes to the DataStage ETL and Unix jobs.
• Support applications in production.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• At least 5-7 years of experience in DataStage(ETL), shell scripting, Bitbucket, and db2/Sybase/Oracle SQL skills.
• Strong analytical and development skills required to troubleshoot issues and develop effective solutions.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Innovative in providing solutions and likes to take on challenges with calculated risks.
• Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
• Experience in all aspects of system development life cycle methodologies including agile development
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management on both the business and IT sides.