Project Manager Professional
Location: McLean, VA
The Innovation, Data, Engineering and Analytics department executes and implements data initiatives for the SF Risk business units:
• Loan Origination Process (LPA) – Collateral, Capacity and Credit Policy Management
• Loan Advisor Suite (LAS) – Production Development
• Portfolio Risk Management
This encompasses all the data, analytics, and modeling work to support the objectives of the Single-Family division and its customers with respect to reducing credit losses, credit risk transfer, improving loan origination performance, and meeting client/customer needs.
We are looking for technical project management expertise and you will:
• Manage project for multiple high-performance, scalable data, technology and analytical projects.
• Work closely with PMO to implement best practices and tools for successful product delivery.
• Review allocations, team member capacities and participate in resource allocation and work plans from estimated scope of work.
• Develop executive dashboards to keep senior management advised of status, risks and issues across multiple projects.
• Develop presentations from time to time as required by IDEA management.
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Program management and apply this to the development, and improvement of action plans.
• Adhere to Project governance process and follow the change management process to lead business customer requirements, considering budgetary restrictions and logistics to meet project deliverables.
• Drive improvements in business process controls and risk management activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with 10 years of related experience and 8+ years of Leadership through influence and negotiation
• 8+ years of proficiency with project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope and cost management). PMP Certification is preferred.
• Expertise in at least 3 areas, in-depth knowledge of relevant project methodology and tools: Agile, Scrum, SDLC methodologies and JIRA.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written). Exceptional presentation skills.
• Effective People Management experience.
• Experience identifying process improvements and working across the organization to continuously improve overall project management support.
• Manage data, technical and analytical projects.
• Experience creating and managing project work plans for projects implementing data warehouses in cloud native technologies (Snow flake, AWS Data Lake), Python/Spark data engineering processes on Big Data Platforms such as Hadoop, Machine learning tools such as Tensor flow.
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Strong leadership skills, great teammate, and familiarity with the mortgage industry: Loan origination & credit management experience. Intuition for business with technical experience.
• Proactive with the ability to think creatively; execute in a manner that respects and meets appropriate internal controls.
• Experience creating power point decks as needed.
• Experience with data management.
• Keen attention to detail, ability to manage process, and follow through on tasks, with significant organizational, project and program management skills.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including effectively interacting with internal management and external partners.
• Highly organized, capable of handling constant change in priorities and comfortable in a matrix management.
• Demonstrate critical thinking skills with an innovative spirit.