Sr. AWS Solutions Architect
Location: Reston, VA
The Senior Application architect applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and recommend modifications based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns. The candidate will manage and promote the use of Fannie Mae IT standards, serve as a subject matter expert on technology matters to Fannie Mae projects. The candidate will create architectures and designs, will conduct peer reviews, and will develop target state architectures.
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to business teams and partner with them to understand their requirements for cloud implementations.
- Provide recommendations to clients with respect to cloud migrations and prepare technical implementation roadmaps for AWS adoption.
- Create application architecture, data architecture, deployment architectures, functional design specifications and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on AWS that address customers’ requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Collaborate with other project teams and other laterals such as Information Security, Compliance, Controls etc on technical solutions
- 12+ years of progressive experience in solution architecture, systems architecture and engineering, analysis and applications programming required.
- Expertise in implementing complex full stack solutions including API, Micro-Services, Streaming etc in large Enterprise organizations.
- Hands on experience leveraging object-oriented design patterns and domain driven design principles
- Proficient with REST standards and best practices and hands-on experience in developing RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with AWS as a solution architecture. Experienced with AWS VPC design and Implementation, Cloud formation scripts, AMI, Consolidated Billing for multiple AWS accounts
- Familiarity with Planning, Design, Road maps, POC implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with leveraging ECS, EKS and Fargate services
- Familiarity with AWS database services such as PostgreSQL RDS, Aurora
- Expertise in designing solution architecture with a view towards resiliency, availability and very comfortable in designing Failover and Recovery strategies
- Familiarity with Devops principles and technologies for IaC such as Terraform
- Familiarity with designing logging framework for cloud watch for all deployed apps.
- Should have designed & worked on Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker, Elastic Bean Stalk for Devops teams.
- Good Knowledge of AWS services such as ELB, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, App Mesh
- Familiarity with maintaining ACL, Security Groups and firewall configurations.
- Should have developed sharing strategies for future scaling and performance.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- AWS Certifications will be preferred.
Strong communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail, collaborate, be a self-starter are desirable qualities in a candidate.