Sourcing & Contracts Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Our Enterprise Supply Chain team is looking for a Sourcing & Contracts Senior to report to the Category Manager! This position is accountable for the end to end sourcing and contracting process related to all suppliers
providing goods and/or services within our Software/Cloud/SAAS category.
Our team unlocks value from our supply network to enable growth, innovation and an outstanding customer experience! We seek to improve customer experience, mitigate third-party risk and demonstrate our buying power in order to build, enable, and sustain value for our business partners and suppliers.
The Sourcing & Contracts Senior will engage with the Category Manager and the business partners to execute on the category strategy by handling the sourcing and contracting specific to category suppliers. Your responsibilities will involve all aspects of running sourcing events (RFX’s) including managing supplier RFx development, leading supplier meetings and providing subject matter expertise during the sourcing process, analysis and recommendation of supplier proposals, and negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with suppliers for our Cloud/SAAS categories.
In addition, you will be encouraged to negotiate and execute new contracts not resulting from a sourcing event as well as statements of work and/or amendments to existing category agreements. You will also ensure integration of and compliance with vendor risk, diversity, and management requirements throughout the sourcing process. Your role will identify and drive cost efficiency to meet all savings targets.
• 10+ years proven experience working in Purchasing, commercial Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management environments
• Minimum of 5 years in Software/Cloud/SaaS procurement
• Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Outstanding negotiation, analytical, decision making, and customer relationship skills
• Experience in developing and running sourcing events from development to contract execution
• Responsible for full contract life cycle for all category suppliers from contract initiation through termination including execution of Agreements, Statements of Work, Amendments and contract renewals
• Broad-based experience in supply chain, procurement, contracts, project management
• Participate in category review meetings with team and with business partners on a recurring basis to ensure alignment with the businesses strategic wave plan
• Ensure alignment across all suppliers and contracts to the strategy and initiatives
• Execute on the category strategy and work toward developing a sourcing pipeline and cohesive cost-saving agreements
• Accountable for internal partner KPIs for category(s) and support supplier scorecard for external partner KPIs
• Highly effective written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and expertise of purchasing systems, category management, and strategic sourcing methodologies
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Handle vendor performance and adherence to contract terms and conditions
• Build and manage strong supplier relationships
• Continuous improvement and leading practices within the sourcing and contracting process
• Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking skills
• Financial Services Procurement experiences a plus