Dev Ops Engineer Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Seeking a highly skilled DevOps services to maintain and enhance our cloud platform services for internal customers. We must integrate new capabilities into our environment for sustainability, automate any manual steps, enable self-help for users, document, and continue to maintain. These services need to be available, reliable, scalable, and self-healing. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
This engagement will focus on providing these services to our Data Solutions team which maintains many big data capabilities and also help manage the overall native cloud platform.
- Demonstrate effective and disciplined software development expertise and leadership.
- Work with Product Owners to understand the desired capability, to define and prioritize work, determine deliverables, and manage workloads.
- Create and maintain documentation including standard operating procedures.
- Lead technical discussions and influence a number of multi-functional teams to accomplish work.
- Act as an agent for change regarding the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve meaningful issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Participate in on-call activities as needed for major incident resolution and problem management.
- Mentor junior members in the operations and engineering teams.
Qualifications of resources:
- 10+ years of experience in software development including design, coding, testing, and support.
- 3+ years of Cloud infrastructure experience working with these AWS Cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda.
- 1-3 years of experience with engineering and support of container technologies (Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, AWS(ECS/EKS) etc) at scale.
- 8-10 years of experience in Information technology, preference for infrastructure and platform services automation.
- Proficient with CI/CD process, Agile and DevOps Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, high level design, coding, testing, and implementation, performance tuning, bug fixing and quality control
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud based Data Warehouse platforms e.g. Snowflake and Dremio in financial services domain.
- 5+ years of experience using Java, Python and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Experience of addressing compliance and governance requirements of a complex organization.
- Documentation of Engineering Solutions and Designs.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Keen focus on automation
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business partners
- Excellent collaborator and fantastic teammate
- Able to deliver and apply risk-based approach to prioritize work
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies, and identify process improvements and efficiencies opportunities
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Able to provide technical guidance to the team.
- Good communication and team player.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.