Google Cloud Platform Machine Learning Developer
Location: McLean, VA
Currently looking to add a Machine Learning Developer in GCP AI/ML team. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to design, build, and deploy high-performance deep learning models in a client solution-oriented environment. As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products.
What you will do:
• Collaborate closely with Machine Learning, Product, Design, QA and DevOps to spec, build, test and deploy AI solutions to address the market need.
• Design and implement Machine Learning algorithms and model created by ML team into software solutions for our enterprise customers.
• Designing, build, and lead the development of cloud native applications using the Google Cloud Platform services, event streaming technologies, and various open source frameworks
• Work within an agile team that includes members with cross-functional skills
• Train cutting edge machine learning and deep learning models at scale for computer vision (image recognition, object detection, image generation), machine translation, language modeling, rankings and recommendations, speech recognition, etc.
• Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time to feed machine learning algorithms.
• Incorporate real-time data streams to produce highly predictive features in our models.
• Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
• Write understandable, testable, and secure code with an eye towards quality and maintainability.
What we are looking for:
• You have a blend of data engineering, machine learning, and product innovation skills that let you jump into a fast-paced environment and contribute on day one
• You have at least 5 years of experience designing and implementing software solutions for complex problems
• Must have experience with building and deploying ML-based solutions
• You have a strong understanding of software engineering practices and fundamentals (including data structures, algorithms, and software design concepts) and you are very comfortable with OOP principles (Python (preferred), Java, Go and an eagerness to learn more)
• You are familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and platforms
• You have experience in building real-world systems for solving problems in computer vision, or content understanding
• You have experience with designing, building, and maintaining production-grade machine learning pipelines and models
• You have working experience of classical ML and DL models
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
• Demonstrated ability to drive selection of machine learning approaches to solve specific problems coupled with the ability to clearly communicate tradeoffs.
• Experience configuring and optimizing data pipelines.
• Experience building systems based on machine learning (especially deep learning) methods
• Experience with storage systems, distributed systems, HPC, and/or CUDA
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.