IT Project Manager Specialist (Technical Release Manager)
Location: McLean, VA
Location: After COVID - Will need to be onsite in McLean.
Technical Must Haves: In order of importance; 1st - Java Development Background in Unix environment. 2nd would be project mgmt experience. Lastly, experience testing.
Soft Skill Must Haves: Excellent communication skills - specifically the ability to interface with executive level mgmt.
Schedule: 20% On call and/or weekend work.
Reason for Opening: This is a new opening.
IT Project Manager Specialist
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and be direct W-2 employees to our vendors.
• Technical Project Manager responsible for monthly software release management processes
• Focus on code quality, execution of manual regression testing and support automated Junit(s)
• Collaborate with infrastructure teams and impacted users to coordinate environment change
• Point person for Incident Management including, communications, resolution and root cause analysis
• Create technical and knowledge documentation, define and drive new procedures
• Participate in on-call schedule (supporting Northern Virginia time zone), and other related management and technical duties
• 5+ years of Technical Project Manager experience
• Technical background with 5+ years of experience developing & maintaining Java software apps
• Unix troubleshooting and Shell scripting proficiency
• Experience with Jenkins end to end build, test, deploy and integration with GIT/Artifactory
• Bachelor/Master Degree in information systems (MIS), computer science, or a related engineering field
• Experience with ServiceNow and Release Management practices
• Experience with Confluence Wiki
• Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts