Senior IBM ODM Developer - Java/Spring Boot - (Developer-Full Stack Senior)
Location: McLean, VA
We are seeking a motivated individual who will collaborate with the project manager, developers, and business partners in developing business rules application-related artifacts.
- Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
- Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Provide production support that includes evaluating defects, investigate the cause, and come up with solutions to address defects.
- Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient, and team-oriented manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development; 5 years of relevant experience and specialized training or certification in the following technologies: J2EE, Java, IBM ODM, Web Development, and SQL.
- The candidate should be an IBM ODM Developer with experience in writing technical and business rules, Rule Studio, Java/J2EE architecture, and software development life cycle process.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Should have excellent design and coding skills and a passion for building highly-scalable applications using open source frameworks for cloud-native technologies.
- Strong development experience with Java, J2EE, Oracle, Spring MVC Framework, Hibernate, JSON, XML, and web services (REST/Soap)
- Experience in packaging services using Docker and configuring & deploying on the Kubernetes platform
- Experience with some of the tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, Docker, JMeter, Artifactory, Kubernetes
- Experience with JMS enterprise messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ or AMQ
- Experience with static analysis (e.g., Fortify, SonarQube) and remediation
- Familiar with infrastructure automation technologies (e.g., Ansible/Gradle)
- Familiar with deployment and operations in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS)
- Good knowledge of patterns like a sidecar, circuit breaker, ingress, egress, etc
- The position requires strong analytical skills, software engineering process skills, and an understanding of XML and the creation of XML test data.
- Experience with UML, SQL, and UNIX Shell Script
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC is preferred.
- Experience with SOAP-based Web services is preferred.
- Experience with REST-based Web services is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, JSON, Jenkins, Maven Builds is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Financial/Mortgage Industry is nice to have.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall software development project methodologies preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter; collaborative; problem-solver
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities