Business Analyst IV (Granite or Midtown)
Location: Washington, DC
Assess procedures and business processes in an operations unit for methods of automating them or improving existing applications supporting them.
• Participate in meetings with centers of excellence, human capital consultants, HR core, HR operations, HR enterprise workplace and coordinate with corporate technology points of contacts to plan deployment of analytics products (e.g analysis, dashboards, interfaces, reports).
• Participate in planning testing and acceptance of newly developed tools for clients/customers.
• May provide support to applications, systems, and tools in the production environment by tracking and troubleshooting problems and ensuring continued and efficient operation (e.g. enable access by its users).
• Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications, systems, and tools for operations or Peoples and Places staff of associated business unit.
• Consult with other business stakeholders to understand, document, and support their workforce data needs.
• Gather business requirements to support the design, development, and delivery of interactive data visualizations or reports using business intelligence tools.
• Advises, influences, and supports the HR operational model (e.g. centers of excellence, HR core, HR operations, HR enterprise workplace) for decision-making and problem-solving to maximize business success and employee engagement.
• Supports the adoption and implementation of company-wide People and Places programs and initiatives.
• Builds trusted relationships with centers of excellence and human capital consultant leadership and their teams.
• Drives work through appropriate roles and channels within the People and Places operating model to include the centers of excellence, HCC, HR core, HR operations, and HR enterprise workplace teams.
• Utilize various business intelligence tools to manipulate data to deliver actionable analyses via dashboards or reports and provide data-driven insights to the business.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
• Master’s degree or equivalent.
• 6-10 years of related experience.
• Workday financial management experience (i.e. general ledger) is required.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite is required. Must have intermediate-advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot table creation, vlookups/index match, formulas, etc.).
• Proficiency with data analysis is required. Ability to extract, transform, and interpret data.
• Experience identifying and solving complex business problems and influencing decision makers.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage confidential and restricted information.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical acumen, intellectual curiosity, and creativity.
• Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science or Finance
• Intermediate skills with SQL is preferred.
• Knowledge of HR concepts, standard work, processes, practices, and procedures strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and execute programs or projects is preferred.
• Knowledge of HR information systems (e.g. Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle Taleo Recruit) is preferred.