Agile Team Coach Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Freddie Mac is building a culture based on modern software delivery practices to support the secondary mortgage market through rapid technology and best practice innovation.
As a member of Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Agile Practice, the Agile Team Coach is embedded within the organization to provide agile thought leadership across initiatives along with other Team Coaches and Scrum Masters on scaling agile development, DevOps practices, servant leadership, and modeling behaviors to enable teams to deliver high value results against the most complex business and technology initiatives.
• Delivery of coaching, mentorship, facilitation, and training at the line of business, portfolio, program, and team levels in an emerging Agile environment practicing Scrum at the team level and scaling via SAFe.
• Acting as a collaborative partner and coach, participate in real-time to provide advice or assistance to teams and team members as they tackle and overcome difficult challenges and enabling people to fulfill their respective Agile responsibilities, including Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Release Train Engineer roles
• Driving continuous improvement through examples and practical experience, taught in a non-academic delivery style that encourages the adoption of agile technical practices, improving execution, communication and concurrently building group skills and capabilities.
• Coaching Agile engineering best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation
• Foster a collaborative, yet disciplined culture within the Agile team and help them embrace the ‘whole team’ concept
• Assess the Agile maturity and skill-growth for IT Lines of Business, programs, teams and provide training, coaching and feedback as required
• Encourage the consistent use of relevant metrics that help teams see how they are doing
• Ensure that your Coaching, practices and responses are consistent across the teams (and other Coaches) and therefore aligned with the Enterprise Agile Transformation Office
• Identify Agile people, process and technology issues and communicate to leadership and the Enterprise Agile Transformation Office, as necessary
• Work peer-to-peer with a team of other experienced Agile Coaches to create consistency between key coaching messages and to improve coordination between Agile teams
• 8 or more years of direct experience in one or more aspects of Information Technology (Software design/ development, IT Architecture or other related IT areas)
• 3 or more years of hands-on experience as an Agile Coach, preferably with large organizations adopting Scrum. Experiences limited to coaching as a Scrum Master are insufficient
• 5 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or member of an Agile delivery team, preferably in a variety of situations
• Minimum 5 years of experience in IT full development life cycle
• College Degree or equivalent work experience
• Mastery of facilitation skills
• Effective coaching and mentoring skills
• Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly
• Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence
• Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures and guidelines
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions
• Proven ability to drive results, including through cross functional teams and other non-traditional reporting structures
• Proven ability to collaborate, negotiate and positively influence management and staff across all levels of the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, objective and professional manner.
• Background leading and supporting practical Agile Transformation activities and Organizational Change
• Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Agile Coach certifications or equivalent
• SPC certification and experience with Scaled Agile Framework highly preferred
• Hands-on experience with ALM tools such as the Atlassian suite (including JIRA)
• Experience with agile engineering (DevOps) tools such as Git, Cucumber, Selenium, Jenkins and Docker
• Strong working knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Development Operations (DevOps), Continuous Integration (CI), and test automation