Architect V Specialized (Cloud Architect )
Location: Herndon, VA
Architect V Specialized (Cloud Architect ) w/ Srini Karlekar
Cloud Architect – Job Description
The candidate should possess the following (in addition to what is already stated):
- 10 years of experience in AWS out of which at least 5 years should be working as a solution architect.
- Be able to communicate ideas outside asides from their work-product – think outside-the-box.
- Ability to converse with business stakeholders and elicit requirements to identify the what, how, who, when and why of a future state system.
- Ability to solution a technical capability that employs the requirements from #3 into a technical design for deployment to AWS cloud.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
2. Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
3. Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
4. Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
5. Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud
6. Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
7. Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
8. Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Partner with business and technology leads to set transformation goals and objectives to launch key initiatives.
2. Develop and/or maintain business vision, strategic plans including the design of transformation roadmap with clear milestones, workstreams, and owners.
3. In partnership with business sponsors and leads, envision, plan, implement, communicate, promote and update the target business architecture over multiple time horizons.
4. Fully articulate current and target state business design using capability models, process models, operating models and motivation models.
5. Design the architecture for migrating on-premise applications, data warehouse and data marts to containers and data lake on AWS Cloud.
6. Deep knowledge of cloud architecture, cloud native patterns, container management and cloud computing capabilities especially as offered by AWS.
7. Deep knowledge of information architecture methodologies; enterprise-wide data architecture for designing and building data lakes, data warehouses, data marts and BI reporting databases.
8. Architect solutions that employs container and serverless patterns using AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda AWS cloud to realize business capabilities in a safe and secure manner.
9. Architect solutions for the design and implementation of Big & Fast Data Infrastructure on AWS cloud using Kafka, Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB & Quick Sight.
10. Define information models supporting data assets for complex data structures represented through various data management systems such as graph, relational and hierarchical databases.
11. Sound knowledge of distributed data architecture concepts such as sharding, caching, map-reduce, stream processing & two-phase commits.
12. Sound knowledge of data security & compliance.
13. Understand data visualization techniques and libraries and their applicability to business problems.