Developer IV Specialized ( Mid-Level Architect ) - Contract to Hire
Location: Reston, VA
*Preference for eligible to convert to FTE!
- Liaison to communicate and recommend technical capabilities and architectural patterns to technology teams. Align approach with broader architecture vision.
- Partner with business stewards to define performance metrics for target architecture(s); Promote and educate stakeholders on the use and value of optimized architecture(s)
- Provide support in developing technical and architectural artifacts to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those.
- Conduct proof of concept of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost-effective architecture solutions
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Work with various stakeholders to be able to guide, collect data for analysis and establish governance controls
- Be proactive in communicating the approach taken and seek help as needed at the earliest
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead developer capacity.
- Experience in architecting solutions for cross-program, and cross-project Architecture strategies, opportunities, and problem resolution.
- 6-7 years’ experience in application development best practices and design patterns using JAVA or Python
- Experience in building applications in AWS leveraging fully managed services
- 2-3 years’ experience serving as an advisor to leadership on information management and technology strategies.
- 2-3 years’ experience in defining and articulating digital transformation and cloud migration strategies.
- Extensive experience in collaborating, influencing and negotiating with stakeholders in generating successful outcomes for the business.
- Broad knowledge and experience in multiple technology areas & software’s [APIs, Event streaming, Security, Logging & Monitoring, Databases (SQL. NOSQL), Containers, Serverless frameworks etc.]
- Experience working with Atlassian suite. Documentation of artifacts in confluence
- Knowledge of Mortgage industry business process
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets functions, with specific focus on trading and treasury management
- 4+ years of Cloud Architecture experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and communication skills