Developer-Full Stack Senior (Java, AWS) - New York
Location: McLean, VA
We are looking for an outstanding Full Stack Developer to help build and support trading data transmission, storage and analysis for Freddie Mac’s Investments and Capital Markets. We develop with formal Agile methods, working closely with product owners, business analysts, and developers in cross-skill teams to deliver often, recover from errors quickly and produce high quality, high value technology products. Developers will produce application and testing code – our development methodology emphasizes entirely automated testing. The team environment promotes sharing, teaching and learning. Apply to join this dynamic business technology team, integrated into the core of Freddie Mac’s business.
1. Engage business users to define the requirements and design for a next generation data delivery tool that serves many consumers across the company.
2. Develop, maintain and support JAVA based software systems. Implement effective and modern User Interfaces leveraging simple and easily maintainable technologies.
3. Utilize Cloud based products such as AWS Aurora to being resiliency and robustness to your applications.
4. Create, maintain and ensure 100% software test automation
5. Guarantee high-availability of production and staging installations
6. Analyze, scope and deliver business needs via Nimble (I&CM’s “Nimble Development Methodology”), both economically and effectively
1. 5 years of JAVA development, deployment expertise in software containerization (preferably Docker)
3. 3+ years of automated unit (Junit, Mockito, Powermock) and functional testing (FitNesse, Selenium)
4. 5 years of Build tools (Gradle, Maven), Unix (Red Hat), and scripting (bash) proficiency
5. Experience of MyBatis or any other OR mapping framework
6. Experience in object oriented Python programming
7. Experience of information security concepts, principles and mitigations
8. Experience of high availability and fault tolerant implementations
9. Knowledge of basic messaging concepts
10. BSc in Computer Science or similar
Key to Success in the Role
1 Comprehend the business strategy.
2 Strong discipline in business focused, structured and test-driven development while embracing agility.
3 Architect complete solutions that efficiently serve users in a resilient manner.
4 Technically savvy at software development and its underlying infrastructure.
5 Able to work in dynamic and continuous development environment.
6 Enthusiasm for agile, user-engaged work style.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
• Customer Focus — Deliver prompt and high-quality customer service
• Partnership — Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
• Drive for Execution — Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
1. Knowledge of relational databases
2. Docker based implementations
3. Cloud based infrastructure (Amazon)
4. Fixed Income capital markets
5. Mortgage backed securities
6. Blackrock Aladdin