Location: McLean, VA
Eexciting opportunity for an Automation Testing Senior to lead quality assurance. We are seeking a motivated individual who can provide leadership, direction, and guidance to a focused workgroup in driving execution of testing frameworks across various projects. As a senior member of the IT Team, you would independently lead the Testing solution and delivery of a project with successfully completing testing, and should able to lead multiple testing projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The individual would champion quality assurance that improves Test delivery processes and be a role model and mentor to the junior and midlevel Testers, working alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy members.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Leadership and Communication:
• Contribute to strategic decisions in applying test automation
• Provides proactive guidance, comprehensive documentation and continual assessment of automation delivery across projects
• Establish, manage, and report on key quality metrics.
• Leadership skills with the ability to effectively represent Testing Services to IT Organizations
• Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills are essential because collaboration with project members, stakeholders and executive management are critical
• Translate broad strategies into specific action plans, utilizing existing resources and information to achieve strategic objectives and improve business results.
• Lead technical transformation within the team moving from a manual testing approach to automation
• Work closely with test teams, developers, business and vendor partners to drive and promote technical design in all our engineering processes
• Lead/contribute by helping IT teams to measure and increase the test automation value to the customer
• Drive the team to become more adaptable in quality assurance through test automation, and Continuous Testing practices
• Strong knowledge and experience with automation concepts, tools, and techniques.
• Experience in leading or managing test automation delivery and/or Practice
• Experience building automation frameworks
• Solid knowledge of industry standard automation test tools like Selenium, Protractor, etc.,
• Experience in Using Cucumber (Gherkin) for BDD/collaboration and test automation purposes
• Experience in Testing Microservices/API which includes Contract Testing, Mocking, integration between services, Functional Testing, etc.,
• Expertise in working with DevOps implementation and good knowledge of CI tool Jenkins
• Experience working as part of a successful Agile/SCRUM team delivering test automation
• Strong desire to learn new concepts and build to tools to infuse quality and enable faster delivery.
• Experience in using either Cloud provider or Container for test execution purposes
• Knowledge in developing synthetic test data harness and experience in designing test data approach
• 5 to 7 year(s) of experience using Test Management, Defect Tracking, Requirements Management, and Modeling tools, including automated testing tools framework experience.
• BS in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be obtained.
Key to success in this role:
• Strong technical background
• Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams.
• Strong verbal and communication skills.
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and technologies to perform better.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
• Leadership – Demonstrate leadership proactive planning and efficiency improvements
• Continue to seek for greater efficiencies – Implement approach for more efficient and cost-effective methods for automated execution by reducing dependency on physical machines.
• Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete.
• Knowledge in AWS
• Knowledge in Mobile Testing
• Working in SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework environment
• Knowledge of JIRA Issue and defect management
• Basic working knowledge in Performance Testing and usage of tools like JMeter
Comments for Suppliers: This will be a Contract to hire position which we will decide at the end of the current assignment or after 6-9 months of engagement