Contracts Senior (3-6 months -Temp to Perm)
Location: McLean, VA
Senior Sourcing and Contracts Specialist
The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department’s Senior Sourcing and Contracts Specialist leads the sourcing events, as well as the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with suppliers for designated categories of goods and/or services required by the Company. The Senior Sourcing and Contract Specialist will be part of the consulting service category team, covering business consulting including IT Consulting needs for the Company.
• Category Management, Contracts Negotiation and Management, Supplier Performance Management, representing the procurement organization as the principal customer contact on assigned category management projects and often performs leadership role
• Category plan and strategy, consultative and strategy support to internal business units for procuring consulting services, relationship building, supplier and market intel research, spend analysis, and cost saving
• Operate as a senior procurement practitioner across a variety of procurements, providing recommendations as to procurement and supplier strategy and structuring deals
• Negotiate and execute contracts, statements of work and/or amendments to agreements.
• Drafts, reviews and/or approves documents for protection of the Company’s contractual posture and adherence to the Company policy.
• Contribute to the development of robust and thoughtful statements of work and service level metrics
• Develop Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) for competitive bidding and lead the competitive bidding process/events.
• Develop supplier selection criteria and work with key stakeholders in rating competitive bids.
• Involved in providing escalation and administration of contractual matters that may arise on contracts
• Ensure contract compliance with terms and conditions of contracts along with the contract management process
• Be the Partner/Liaison with Legal for Legal/Procurement related topics such as managing Freddie Mac’s contract templates (updating Terms and Conditions)
• Work with Legal to develop Procurement strategies to reduce the chances of contractual risk
• Contribute to development and implementation of enterprise-wide Procurement processes and systems
• Superior category management, sourcing, contract negotiation, analytical, decision making, and relationship management skills
• 10+ years relevant experience working in supply chain and procurement environment responsible for category management, sourcing, contract negotiation, and supplier management
• Strong ability to use spend data in category management with data reporting and analysis experience
• Financial Services Supply Chain/Procurement experiences
• Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
• Highly effective written and oral communications
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, PeopleSoft, and Beeline
• Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
• Ability to work independently
• BA/BS or appropriate university degree