Offsite - Senior Software Engineer (Front End Developer)
Location: Remote, VA
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for the product and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience as a Tech Lead and ability to provide guidance in designing and architecting critical software applications
- AWS Architecture certified and hands on experience with various AWS cloud technologies including serverless and Beanstalk.
- Strong in API development with tools like (OpenAPI, SWAGGER, JSON, etc)
- Experience in Node.js, groovy
- Experience with creating customer focused front-end UI content using Angular
- Experience maintaining and designing applications on AWS
- At least 8 years of experience in Java/J2EE and related technologies with solid understanding of design principles
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot Framework and Microservices based architecture
- Excellent communication skills as well as experience influencing senior leadership