Development Tech Lead
Location: McLean, VA
This IT Development Tech Lead position is in the Development Factory Group in Enterprise BTO. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that interacts with all areas of Freddie Mac’s business and provides excellent experience and knowledge across the IT spectrum. Our team is made up of talented individuals who thrive in a challenging work environment and enjoy utilizing their problem-solving skills.? The role will act as a Lead on projects, providing technical guidance and oversight to project execution team. The position will also ensure alignment between project activities and accepted scope and negotiate with the business, vendors and other stakeholders on changes to scope. This role will own full end-to-end delivery of software products and will also be responsible for managing team members of varying professional level.
o Lead a team of employees and contingent workers to remediate applications with out of support/legacy
technologies and/or security vulnerabilities
o Provide direction to team members keeping team on track to complete projects and ensure project goals
are met by assigning tasks to team members and timely follow ups
o Meet development schedules by ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and
o Provide proactive advice and feedback throughout the development lifecycle for prevention and early
correction of quality problems.
o Train and mentor the junior staff / team members
o Drive/Lead key technical and architectural decisions for the systems, provide and influence key designing
decisions for the technology, infrastructure and configuration of the systems for scalability and capacity
o Employ extensive professional experience and creativity to resolve complex technical problems.
o Champion current trends in the industry partnering with Engineering and Architecture Services
o Driving technical solutions in alignment with architectural roadmaps
o Engage with the business users, application owners and other affected parties in the project inception phase to understand application and define remediation strategy and test strategy
o Contribute to design and code reviews.
o Document lessons learned, help maintain knowledge database
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
• 8+ Years of experience in IT industry with at least 4 years in Technical Lead position
• Experience with Java development background and having worked on architectural design, optimizations & performance tuning.
• Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers (Apache, Apache Tomcat), caching, application servers, & load balancers
• ?Knowledge / hands-on experience on multiple technologies such as:
• Java/J2EE & middleware (WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) technologies in UNIX environment
• AWS – migrate Web-based app with DB backend to Cloud, Replatform to cloud friendly technologies
• Build automation / CICD pipeline integration tools (Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc.)
• Experience with Dockers & Containers, and Orchestration technologies like OpenShift / Kubernetes/EKS.
• Scripting languages such as UNIX Shell, Perl, Python, Ansible etc.
• Relational databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL) with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures,?XQuery and XML Query
• Information and application security including firewall, AD, TAM/PING, LDAP, certificates, public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, etc.
• Experience managing software development teams
• Experience in infrastructure upgrade/migration related to Middleware and Database
• Hands-on Micro Services architecture and development
• Rich knowledge of and hands-on experience with MS office (Excel, Power point) products
• Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks