Sr. Developer (grid dev.)
Location: McLean, VA
Role and responsibility:
• Design, develop and support systems within the financial modeling and research area.
• Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
• Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
• Assist with application development and modifying and/or maintaining applications; Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
• Assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
• 8 - 12 years of experience developing software applications, including experience with each of the following:
• A strong understanding of software engineering principles - design, development and operations
• Day to day hands-on as a full stack developer - Java, Python, Web Application Frameworks and AWS
• Experience building resilient and scalable software that is easily portable to various computing infrastructures - on-prem, cloud
• Sound communication skill and team-working spirit
• Motivate, teach and train other team members
• Experience in financial industry a plus
• Exposure to quantitative finance and high-performance computing a plus
• Exposure to Big Data technologies a plus
• Experience with cloud computing (AWS) a plus