Location: McLean, VA
We are currently seeking a motivated individual with multiple years’ experience over software development and DevOps. The person will be responsible for design develop and build next generation credit risk portfolio management tools in Freddie Mac’s new AWS cloud based high performance computing environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be comfortable with explaining and exchanging ideas with senior management and users of our analytic tools. The person should also feel comfortable to work in a highly dynamic environment with great delivery pressure. At the minimum, the person also needs to have background in Java programming with some experience supporting production applications.
• Communicate and work as the point person with senior management in the division for our analytics tools.
• Design, develop and support systems within the financial modeling and research area.
• Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
• Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
• Assist with application development, modifying and/or maintaining applications and associated testing. Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
• May assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications.
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline
• At least 2 years’ experience working at a senior level, comfortable with communicating concepts and setting expectations for analytic tools and products.
• At least 5 years of hands-on software development, testing, and delivery experience, including partnering with internal and external groups is essential.
• Experience with:
o AWS Cloud, Grid computing,
o UNIX Shell Scripting/Perl/Python
Key to success in this role
• Strong communication skills with business line
• Working in a proactive mode to identify potential issues and bring up solutions.
• Focusing on delivery and schedule.
• Finance knowledge, specifically fixed income products in mortgage finance or other banks or funds trading experiences