Location: McLean, VA
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team of talented individuals responsible for providing IT development support across various organizations in Freddie Mac. In the role of senior developer, the individual will provide leadership and technical guidance
to the team, collaborate with line manager and various business / technology partners in developing and implementing technical solutions.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
• Acting as a lead on projects, assigning tasks, provide training, mentoring and coaching to team members
• Providing guidance to the project team on high level design, ensuring that the design/solution is consistent with the approved architecture
• Participate in technical discussions and provide recommendations or solutions
• Developing software solutions by studying organizational needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Ensuring that “Best Practices” for development activities (e.g. code reviews, unit testing, etc.) are followed through the project life-cycle
• Demonstrating ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish and facilitating appropriate handoffs
• Collaboratively work with all other IT Teams to identify “Win/Win” opportunities and improve efficiency
• Championing and influencing technology decisions with business partners, IT management and Team members on matters concerning multiple complex projects which requires the ability to negotiate while maintaining effective relationships
• Engaging with Enterprise and Application architects to promote collaboration on the development of solution architecture; Reviewing architecture and ensuring alignment with accepted architectural principles and the strategic roadmap
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Minimum 5 years of recent/relevant experience in developing/maintaining applications using C/C++ technologies, preferably in Unix environment.
• Experience in developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies, preferably in WebLogic and Unix environment.
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins and languages like ANT, Maven, etc.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with databases such as UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle. Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, etc. and strong understanding of database interfacing technologies such as ODBC,
JDBC and DBMS native clients
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus.
• Strong Unix knowledge with experience in scripting/programing languages such as Shell, AWK, SED, Perl, etc.
• Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality and resolve issues.
Keys to Success in this Role
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with various teams, both business and technical, to achieve goals.
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively.
• Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.