Database Admin III - OFFSITE
Location: Remote, VA
Job Description: In this function, support agents will manage MyServices tickets and Moogsoft situations to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the knowledge articles and best practices or will escalate to higher tier support teams if a scripted resolution is not applicable. Support agents will also respond to requests and assist on the implementation of changes and tasks using guided instructions to perform the tasks.
Daily efforts will include performing scheduled actions or responding to automated alerts to maintain an application or other platform with a priority on the production environment and best efforts for lower environments. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Troubleshooting stoppages
- Repairing bugs
- Documenting application performance
- Coordinating with technology and/or infrastructure management
Support agents will be expected to adhere to strict response and resolution SLA’s, and utilize skilled technical writing when documenting resolution/triage steps and continually identify and assist with the implementation of automation and service improvements.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage MyServices ticket and Moogsoft situation to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using knowledge articles and best practices.
- As a member of the Operations team, execute changes, runbooks and ITSRs and troubleshoot various issues across multiple platforms and applications.
- Eyes on glass monitoring of the health of applications as well as the underlying infrastructure. Proactively look for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions.
- Ability to analyze dashboards and reporting/monitoring tools to look at trends and patterns in application health and performance.
- Perform analysis of data, using multiple application protocols including web, database, storage, supporting infrastructure such as DNS, LDAP, SSL, SMTP, and FTP and many other systems and technologies.
- Influence other technical teams on the calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Ensure appropriate functional and management escalation takes place as per the standards and procedures.
- Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact production operations, assist with postmortem related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
- Based on recommendations from management, implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports and address ad-hoc requests.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field is highly preferred
8-10 years of related experience in IT support
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS Required for Success in this Role
- Exposure to a ticket tracking tool such as Remedy, ServiceNow, Moogsoft
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to follow strict guidelines
- Dependable employee with flexible work hours
- Existing knowledge and skills with at least two of the following:
- Database platforms and DBMS tools
- Middleware technologies (apache, TC, WLS, JBOSS)
- Messaging products like Tibco EMS or MQ
- Experience working in and with a Knowledge Base
- Experience working in an environment with SLAs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for attention to details.
- Strong ability to work through conflicts
- Ability to focus on details, detail-oriented
- Ability to follow strict client procedures and guidelines
- Able to maintain professionalism while directly interacting with clients/customers
- Execute problem-solving initiative and being proactive in finding a solution.
- Take initiative to improve self-development along with job-related skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Sybase or SQL Server administration experience
- 1-2 years of coding experience of Unix shell scripting or Python
- ITIL Certified