Communications Specialist II - OFFSITE
Location: Remote, VA
Communications Specialist II
The client is seeking a Communications Specialist II to be responsible for writing, proofreading and copyediting publications for print and digital communication. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and possess strong editing and copywriting skills.
- Proofread and copy edit various publications, articles and other written documents.
- Gather information and write copy for use in marketing efforts.
- Write and copy edit web copy.
Bachelors degree in communication, journalism, English, marketing or related field.
5-7 years experience required.
- Experience in journalism or writing news, features or marketing copy.
- Heavy proofreading and copyediting – big proofreading project in short term, legal/technical content
- Read and mark up proofs with attention to detail. Edit content for digital and print platforms.
- Other writing and editing functions
- Basic project management skills to coordinate communications and collaborate with colleagues
- Comfortable with technology, including MS Office; edit using track changes in MS Word