Solution Architect Specialist ( Data Architect + Data Modeling skills) - Open to C2C
Location: McLean, VA
• Experience with data architecture concepts and patterns, including integration architecture, Microservices, etc.
• Develop data lake and data warehouse architectures, roadmaps, design and develop prototypes the latest technologies, identify and define best practices, documentation for the technical, management and executive teams.
• Design data models, develop data dictionaries, metadata spreadsheets interpreting business needs and data (both structured, semi-structured and unstructured) flowing from and to the variety of the data sources.
• Coordinate with the business and Data Governance team to drive MDM direction and technical solutions in line with that direction ensuring data quality.
• Research, explore, and recommend best practices and patterns about Big Data platform, Cloud and technologies to ensure more efficient and effective solutions.
• Collaborate with Architects and IT to develop an implementation approach consistent with strategic vision and roadmaps, and on-boarding new data patterns
• Providing directions and oversight for innovative, detailed and practical solutions to an extensive range of demanding and complicated problems.
o 8+ years of Data Applications solution architecture and development experience with 3+ years of Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Azure or Google) tools and technologies
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or equivalent work experience
o A passion for data, and several years of hands-on experience leading data engineering projects, such as data architecture and data warehouse implementation projects.
o Solid technical background/domain expertise – experience as technical lead or architect on a Big Data development team.
o Knowledge of Data Modeling Tools and Catalog/Glossary/Metadata Tools such as ER Studio, Data Architect, and Collibra
o Preferred working experience in Hortonworks Hadoop echo system, building data pipelines, data science, microservices
o Preferred working experience in programming using Python/SAS/Java (or similar programming language) to perform prototypes, provide robust analytics insights and measurable outcomes
o Experience in designing and implementing multi-terabyte data lakes in Snowflake and Redshift is plus.
o Mortgage Industry or Financial Services experience is preferred
§ Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
§ Ability to learn new technologies and tools in a quick time, and perform prototypes
§ Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
§ Ability to learn new technologies and tools in a quick time