Product Owner (Product Analyst with SOLID data analysis skills)
Location: McLean, VA
• Defining/Reviewing business requirements, capturing business needs, facilitating user story grooming sessions
• Assists the Product Owner to write user-stories and edit acceptance criteria for each sprint, making sure each story aligns to our Objectives and Key Results, and work closely with the delivery team
• Profiles and analyzes various data sets coming from internal and external sources and derive meaningful results and visualization for executive level outputs.
• Proactively brings ideas to the table to increase value for our clients, recognizing roadblocks early and present ideas to key partners
• Liaison between business and IT to deliver efficient solutions for business requirements.
• Engage with internal teams, project teams and business areas to solicit business and data requirements, and perform system analysis.
• Communicates sophisticated and complex data in a simple, impactful way – helps get at the core of the data to help delivery owners drive insights
• Working under limited direction, independently resolving and developing approach to solutions.
o 5-7 years of experience in data and product analysis in Big Data, Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence, RDBMS, Semi-structured, and unstrurctured data.
o Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics, or Mathematics
o Assists the various stakeholders with their requests for analysis/reporting to make business decisions.
o Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub queries
o On-the-job experience solving data problems, optimally and expertly conveying process and outcomes to senior partners in both written and oral formats
o Experience in programming languages (Java/Python/SAS) is plus
o Mortgage Industry or Financial Services experience is a plus
§ Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
§ Excellent communication skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
§ Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
§ Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
§ Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
§ Highly motivated and upbeat self-starter with proven organizational and time management skills