IT Project Manager
Location: McLean, VA
We are currently seeking a motivated individual with multiple years’ experience over software development and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be comfortable with explaining and exchanging ideas with senior management and users of our analytic tools. At the minimum, the person also needs to have background in Java programming with some experience supporting production applications.
· Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
· Assist with application development, modifying and/or maintaining applications and associated testing. Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
· Assist in release management processes(s), documentation and artifacts
· Assist in execution of regression testing and support automated Junit(s)
· Support infrastructure upgrades, new builds and coordinate with impacted users
· Assist in Incident Management including communications, resolution and root cause analysis
· Create technical and knowledge documentation, define and drive new procedures
· Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline
· At least 2 years’ experience working at a senior level, comfortable with communicating concepts and setting expectations for analytic tools and products.
· At least 5 years of hands-on software development, testing, and delivery experience, including partnering with internal and external groups is essential.
· Experience with:
o AWS Cloud, Grid computing,
o UNIX troubleshooting and Shell/Perl/Python scripting proficiency
Key to success in this role
· Strong communication skills with business line
· Working in a proactive mode to identify potential issues and bring up solutions.
· Focusing on delivery and schedule.
· Finance knowledge, specifically fixed income products in mortgage finance or other banks or funds trading experiences