1007- Loan Operation Specialist
Location: Urbana, MD
- Participate and complete administrative support tasks
- Raise and question inconsistencies / uncertainties in processes, procedures and transactions. Researching these issues and developing solutions (possible with guidance from a mentor or team leadership.
- Being accountable for your actions including communicating to leadership when an error has occurred.
- Assist in updating workflow processes, procedures and job aids.
- Identify non-compliant issues to Acquisitions Management. This includes escalating lender and pipeline issues to the acquisition leadership team for help if you are uncertain how to resolve the issue.
- Develop a working knowledge of departmental production tasks, procedures and work flows.
- Become an effective problem solver: Resolve and complete departmental production tasks under general guidance of departmental leadership (as required). This includes demonstrating the ability to question processes, work through inconsistencies, analyze data / situations and research potential solutions with the help of LOS102 and / or Acquisition leadership ( as needed).
- Provide assistance to customers regarding operational performance in areas such as delivery accuracy, pricing, clean delivery, and lender compliance. Until approved to release data directly to lenders, all work product will be reviewed by an assigned team members.
- Develop strong communication / customer service skills: Build internal and external customer relationships. Respond to inquiries. Under the guidance of a more senior team member (as required) conduct regularly scheduled calls with key accounts, customer engagement teams and accounts identified with operational issues such as STP, turn times or other known issues impacting productivity and quality of loan delivery.
- Conduct regular training and engagement calls with account teams, key lenders and Acquisition mentor (as required). You are also responsible for your own self development.
- Identify system issues as they occur and report them to our technology partners and leadership
- Support (as requested) the technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- Participate in low to moderate complexity projects as your skills warrant
- Participate as a team member on highly complex products.