8041 - Database Administrator III - Sybase DBA
Location: Reston, VA
Database operations team looking for a Senior Database Administrator to provide database production support in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using backend SYBASE & MS-SQL database platforms. Database Administrator will be responsible to provide database administration support that includes production support, database deployment, upgrade, performance tuning and disaster recovery support for enterprise servers.
• More than seven years of experience working as a production support database administrator (DBA)
• Strong database administration experience on Sybase ASE, Replication Server and MS-SQL Server
• Experience in installation, configuration and migration with both Sybase and MS-SQL database platforms
• Experience in setting up Sybase Warm standby and MSA data replication to support business functionality.
• Strong database performance tuning skills - query optimization and server tuning with Sybase and SQL platforms
• Strong performance tuning skills on Sybase Replication
• Possesses deep understanding of Sybase internals and Optimizer functioning and ability to apply the skills to trouble-shoot real time production issues
• Provide deployment support for database objects in production and test environment
• Extremely comfortably in Unix shell scripting with prior experience in writing and maintaining complex shell scripts to perform database maintenance,
• Experience in migrating Sybase from Solaris to Linux platform and Sybase to SQL platform
• Execute large database migration projects independently
• Experience with standard database monitoring.
• Understanding of industry standard High Availability and DR technologies
• Experience with providing 24x7 production on-call support on rotation basis
• Effective verbal and writing communication skills
• Any experience on Hadoop and No-SQL like Mongo is preferably