8061 - Systems Analyst Sr ( Selling System Experience)
Location: McLean, VA
Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.). Formulates logical statements of business, scientific and/or engineering requirements. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results. Works with development, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development and installation processes. Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product. Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing, if necessary, various business, scientific and/or engineering mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system logic difficulties and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary. May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flow charting. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable. Works under limited direction Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives. Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines. College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 5 - 7 years related experience.
The qualified candidate will participate in the full life cycle of a project, to include identification of requirements, design, development, testing and implementation. Responsibilities include ensuring the requirements are completed on schedule and meet customer expectations; acting as liaison between business area and technical team to ensure all parties have complete understanding of project scope and requirements; working closely with project team in developing and documenting system requirements and design; participating in walk-thru of systems documentation with business user.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
· Elicit, analyze, document, and validate requirements for Financial systems.
· Write detailed software requirements specifications that describe functional, operational, technical
And transitional requirements
· Create modeling diagrams such as Swim lanes, Activity flow diagrams, and Data Models
· Ability to lead team, projects, and initiatives.
· Providing solutions to complex issues in a limited amount of time and under limited direction.
· Responsible for ensuring the final product meets customer's expectations.
· Ensure business requirements are clear and understood by all.
· Ability to articulate the system requirements that support the business requirements.
· Must be able to juggle multiple projects, initiatives, and daily activities.
· Experience with supporting project using SDLC Methodology and/or Agile Methodology in a highly
· Minimum 8 years experience in Systems Analysis and Requirements Development.
· Experience with DOORs, Version One, MS Office Tools and Visio
· Experience with data analysis/mining, SQL and Clearcase/Clearquest
· Self disciplined and capable of working independently.
· Innovative in proposing solutions.
· Strong time management skills.
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact with various teams, both business and technical, to achieve goals
· Experience with software lifecycle processes in a highly regulated environment
· Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
· Customer focused and results oriented.
Development background and Mortgage Industry experience a plus
Relational DB knowledge
Agile Software Development Medium 1 - 3 Year
DOORS High 3 - 5 Year
HPQC-ALM Medium 1 - 3 Year