8103 - Business Analyst III
Location: Washington, DC
Conduct analysis and write business requirements for financial modeling systems. Position will be part of an agile team as an analyst collecting and developing requirements (data, predicative models, functional & non-functional) for developers to implement. Position may conduct testing to ensure code meeting the requirements. Will develop business requirements through various methods including individual and group discussion/collaboration, independent data analysis and by extracting from a suite of mathematical functions and code. May need to provide other analytical and business analysis support as needed. Will promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners providing clarity and ensuring processes are streamlined.
Must Have Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to document highly complex business processes
- Ability to translate high level business requirements into detailed functional and system requirements
- Provide other analytical and business analysis support as needed
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Finance, Economics or related field
- What applications/systems will the contractor work on? Pricing, valuation, loss allowance, credit expense and home price forecast systems
- At least one of the two required:
- Technical knowledge and experience – such as programming (R, Python, C++, Java, SAS)
- Financial Mortgage Industry experience / Secondary Mortgage experience – such as pricing, valuation, loss allowance, loss forecast, credit expense or home price forecast
Preferred skills, but not required:
Cross functional skills desired such as testing, code development and/or project management with oversight
- Relevant years of experience: 4+ years
- What is the ideal background or company you would like to see candidates from? Computer science, math, finance, economics, secondary mortgage or related background.
- What non-technical skills are you looking for? i.e. communication, writing, presentation?
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Promote productive relationships between stakeholders and technology partners, providing clarity & ensuring processes are streamlined.