8118 - Payroll Supervisor
Location: Washington, DC
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Reviewing and accurately document processes and create job aides.
• Ensure accurate and timely accounting, recordkeeping and management of payroll related data; perform audits and reconciliations of payroll information.
• Organize and review forms associated with federal, state, and local authorities, such as W-2's and tax filings.
• Facilitating the reconcile payroll general ledger accounts
• Recommend process improvements to enhance efficiency
• Respond to inquiries to provide information necessary for compliance with SOX, internal audit and corporate financial controls.
• Coordinate and Support the implementation of payroll-related initiatives and projects.
• Prioritize and solve problems with limited supervision.
• Facilitate and analyze payroll and accounting reports and interprets and explains variances to multiple levels within the organization.
• Work with technology team to review and test all fixes, tax updates and enhancements
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 7+ years of related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Hands on experience with PeopleSoft HRMS application
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and tax laws, benefits administration, and compliance regulations surrounding payroll.
• Experience with multi-state payrolls (mobile workforce).
• People Management skills experience is a must
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office.
• American Payroll Association CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) preferred
• Comprehensive understanding of internal controls/SOX compliance environment
• Strong Working Knowledge of ADP (Vantage a nice to have)
• Experience with handling 7000+ employees for payroll
• Proven organization skills and attention to detail
Must have intermediate excel skills- Vlookups, Pivot Tables minimum
Must have experience working in an outsourcing model
International experience not require, US entity experience is perfect