8119 - Financial Analyst I
Location: Washington, DC
The Financial Analyst will demonstrate an ability to interpret complex financial analyses in support of various third-party data validation initiatives. The Financial Analyst will work directly with project leads to develop new validation opportunities, and provide analytic support for current offerings.
• Provide project driven analytical support and financial modeling—including understanding and normalizing data from multiple disparate sources.
• Conduct variance analysis and develop relevant insights on what is driving those variances.
• Acquire financial data for analysis from PM to conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
• Develop presentation slides that 'tell the story' instead of just presenting statistics.
• Validate data to ensure accuracy and pinpoint any gaps if applicable
• Identify and trend performance by comparing data and analyzing actual results with baseline, plans and forecasts–developing relevant insights and recommendations.
• Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including the data validation.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management
Skills & Capabilities:
• 2+ years data science experience, or relevant graduate degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in driving ad-hoc financial modeling and operational analysis.
• Experience in developing business impacts, assumptions, and constraints.
• Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and to initiate and champion change.
• Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable at interacting with and communicating with senior level management.
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. Ideal candidate will have a STEM background.